History of Black Forest
Black Forest was founded by James Moeller in 1995. It was incorporated as a not-for-profit theater company on January 14, 2003. The Black Forest Theater Company is a three person collaborative: Carla Hayden, James Moeller, co-artistic directors, James Moeller, writer and David Jansheski, design director. Black Forest has never had a permanent home. Since 2000 we have presented our work at the Peter Jones Gallery located at 1806 Cuyler in Chicago, Illinois. Peter Jones has been kind enough to let us expand our palette by giving us space to design and construct sets in a friendly gallery setting. This has helped us utilize and burnish our skills in set building and lighting design.